How much does an estate sale or auction company usually charge?
How much will my estate sale make?
Do I have enough for an estate sale or auction?
1. 5,000 in total sales 30% charged by a company leaves the client with a check of $3,500.00.
2. 10,000 in total sales 30% charged by a company leaves the client with a check of $7,000.00
Busy Beever has a minimum of 10,000 dollars in total sales. This means we need to see at least 10,000 worth of items in our estimation when we do a free consultation.
How do I choose the right estate sale company?
1. Whether you call on a estate sale company by hearing about them by word of mouth or simply searching Google, it is always best to choose a company by looking over their website and also by calling them. Not every company is insured and bonded nor do they have qualified appraisers and staff to handle every situation. So make sure you do your homework.
For instance a small sale doesn’t necessarily need a smaller company it should depend on what items the sale has to offer and what may need to be appraised. A larger sale can be overwhelming to most companies even if they will not admit this over the phone or in person. Ask a lot of questions including how many auctions or estate sales the company you are interviewing has performed. This will be a good indication whether they can handle your sale.
2. We suggest finding out what the company you are interviewing brings to the table as far as advertisement and appraisals. How much your sale will make and how much traffic it receives very much depends on what company you choose. The larger the following of a company and how much they advertise is huge as we are sure you would agree.
When it comes to appraising items, we know we would want the best appraisers on the job as possible if it was our own items or our families items. So make sure the company you choose has the appropriate appraisers for the items you have and even check credentials or ask what history they have in appraising.
3. Last but not least go with your gut feeling and choose the right fit. Not just the lowest percentage quoted. Call several companies and feel them out and have them come take a look at what you have. This process is not just about if you have enough and if you are a right fit for a company but also if that company is the right fit for you, a total team effort.
What cities does Busy Beever do estate sales in?
BBB Accredited and CAGA Appraiser Assc. Certified
People love us on BBB, Google, and Angie’s List. and our appraisers are certified by CAGA.
Web Pro Lead Machine
Never Miss a Busy Beever Sale
We do not send spam or soliciting emails