Kansas City, MO Estate Sale Company
If you’re in a position where you need to liquidate your belongings through an auction in Kansas City, MO, you’re not the first, and you certainly won’t be the last. This is something that frequently happens no matter where you are, and it’s certainly not uncommon in the greater Kansas City area that Busy Beever serves.
Regardless, this can be a stressful period, as you have to make important decisions on how you’re going to get rid of your things. You have a lot of options — some of them, such as disposal, are easier but will leave you with precious little in return. On the other hand, estate sales and property liquidation auctions in Kansas City, MO can serve as viable options for allowing you to sell most of your things — leaving you with quite a bit more money than you had before!
At Busy Beever, estate sales are our specialty, and we take great pride in the services that we offer to the people of eastern Kansas and western Missouri. We travel all over to hold professional estate sales, and by working with us, we’ll ensure that you can sit back and relax while we take care of all the complicated stuff.
If you’ve arrived at this page because you’re looking at property liquidation options in Kansas City, MO, you might not have a thorough understanding of how estate sales work. In a nutshell, an estate sale is an event where a professional organization (such as our team at Busy Beever) will organize a formal sale where your possessions are sold at a ticket price to interested buyers.
At an estate sale, people will peruse through the stuff you’re selling, and much like they would when they’re browsing through a retail store, they’ll bring it out to a checkout area, and when their payment goes through, the item officially belongs to them.
How Are Estate Sales Different From Garage Sales?
Despite the fact that estate sales aren’t held exclusively in garages, you might be thinking that they hold a lot of resemblance to garage sales. You’re not wrong — there are certainly similarities. But there are several distinctions that separate garage sales from estate sales and other auctions in Kansas City, MO.
- Estate Sales Are More Official: Formal, official, fancy — there are multiple words to describe it, but the bottom line is that estate sales are more organized than garage sales. They are usually run by a professional estate sale company in Kansas City, MO that is coordinating with the seller. They are more meticulously organized and have a designated checkout area which accepts cash and card payments.
- Estate Sales Sell a Lot More Items: Most estate sales in Kansas City, MO are performed with property liquidation in mind — this means that you’re trying to get rid of a massive number of items, whatever the reason might be. When people go into an estate sale, they usually expect to see a lot of inventory.
- Estate Sales Attract More Interested Buyers: If you’re the seller, this is arguably the most important factor. Informal sales like garage sales and yard sales are usually little more than glorified junk removal — and many people who seek them out have the same impression. In other words, people don’t go to garage sales to pay market value. Estate sales, on the other hand, attract committed auction buyers in Kansas City, MO who will take your sale seriously.
- Estate Sales Are Marketed Beforehand: Estate sales are more of an “event” than casual yard sales. For this reason, estate sales are marketed beforehand so that there is some interest that’s already built up in your community beforehand. Unlike a garage sale, a lot of people track estate sales before they happen, and show up early to ensure that they’ll claim the best deals.
Why Organize an Estate Sale?
If you’re in a position where you need to liquidate a lot of stuff, you, of course, may be wondering if an estate sale is the best option for you. If you’re truly unsure about this, we urge you to contact our Kansas City, MO estate sale company personally, and we can help you identify whether your situation is best suited for an estate sale or an auction.
In the meantime, it may help to consider some of the most common reasons why estate sales happen. If you fall into any of the following situations, you should know that estate sales are a totally normal (and often expected) solution to your inventory problem.
Here are some situations that often lead to estate sales in Kansas City, MO:
- Moving or Downsizing: If you or a loved one is moving to a new location, it might be a good reason to set up an estate sale. Sometimes someone might want a fresh start and they’d rather not go through the hassle of toting so much junk to their new location, especially if it’s on the other side of the country. Downsizing is also a major factor — sometimes you just don’t have room at your new location for your stuff. This is especially common for elderly folks who are moving to assisted living facilities or retirement homes, but it can also happen to families in a rough financial situation.
- Divorce: Divorces can quite often result in estate sales. For one, it usually involves one person moving out — if the other partner can’t afford the property rent or mortgage on their own, it will lead to downsizing. But dividing assets can also be a frustrating and difficult process — it is often preferable to just sell as much as you can, and then decide how to split the total sum of money when all is said and done.
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy, of course, is a quick route to an estate sale. When people run out of money and have no way of paying it back, asset forfeiture is one of the government’s go-to methods of resolving debts. At Busy Beever, we have professional, certified appraisers on our team who will ensure that items are sold at the highest price possible — a boon to anyone who’s in a bankruptcy situation.
- Death: There are a few different reasons why one’s death could lead to an estate sale. If there’s no apparent heir, it’s an efficient way to liquidate the property and assets. On the other hand, the designated heir may also choose to sell most of the items if they have no personal interest in keeping them. Estate sales can also be the result of inheritance disputes, where the court orders the proceeds to be equally divided among the contenders.
If you know for a fact that you want to set up an estate sale or auction in Kansas City, MO, the next obstacle you have to tackle is how — and that’s where we come in.
At Busy Beever, we’ve been providing estate sale and property liquidation services to Kansas City, MO and the surrounding regions for years. We serve all of the cities in the following list, and if you don’t see yours listed here, be sure to contact us to inquire whether or not you’re outside our service area. We’re willing to do a lot to provide our services to clients who need it!
Areas We Serve
Before the Sale
- Free Consultation and Confirmation: The process starts off with a professional, compassionate, and respectful consultation in which we’ll discuss your unique needs. In this meeting, we will establish expectations and form a game plan that’s custom tailored to your specific situation. If you want to proceed with the estate sale in Kansas City, MO, our team will review the provisions with you and provide a contract.
- Research and Appraisal: We will take an inventory of the items you wish to sell, and using our team of qualified professional appraisers, we will assess the value of said items. We’ll price them at the value we think is best for you, and we’ll carefully sort through everything to make sure no item is left behind.
- Estate Preparation: Before the sale begins, we will take extensive measures to prepare your home and belongings for the estate sale. Presentation is very important, which is why we go out of our way to make the most well-designed layout possible! Our Kansas City, MO estate sale company will furnish tables and merchandising items, arrange and display key household items, and move around furniture so it creates the best possible showcase for your estate.
- Marketing: As part of our estate sale and auction services in Kansas City, MO, we can provide marketing materials according to your needs. Because every estate sale differs in nature, the marketing plan is custom created for you. We also post every estate sale on our website, so our regular visitors will know in advance — and many of them will likely attend!
- City and HOA Logistics: Finally, we will work with your city and local HOA (Home Owner Association) to obtain any and all necessary permits that may be required for your property liquidation sale in Kansas City, MO. We’ll also create signs which will be placed around neighborhood areas with high traffic. Once all this is done, your estate sale is ready to go!
During the Sale
- Customer Service: We will have a staff of people who are willing to assist customers with any needs they may have. This includes greeting them in a welcoming manner, assisting them with sensitive items, and coordinating parking if necessary.
- Active Marketing: During any estate sale in Kansas City, MO, we make sure we’re continually putting in our best effort to make sure that all of your items get sold. This means we’ll have dynamic strategies, such as moving around merchandise into eye-catching configurations, updating social media outlets with real-time progress, and staff recommendations to customers.
- Checking Out: Our property liquidation experts in Kansas City, MO will manage all payments and ensure that you’re getting the value you’re charging for each item. We will have a designated checkout area where customers can pay with cash, all major credit cards, and checks up to $50.00.
After the Sale
- Arranging Pickups: If there are any major items that require specialized pickup, we’ll work with buyers to ensure that everything is removed from your property by the end of the day. Aside from that, once the sale is over, we’ll clear the premises of all buyers.
- Taking Care of Unsold Items: You can specify in your contract how you want our estate sale company in Kansas City, MO to deal with unsold items. We can either leave them on the property, or have them removed by a contracted cleanup crew. If you choose the latter, we’ll leave the property “broom clean” — cleaning services will be rendered at the client’s expense.
- Take Down and Cleanup: We will take down all marketing materials such as signage on property and city, and we will also return any possessions that belong to you that may have been necessary for the sale, such as keys and garage door openers.
- Final Assessment and Sales Recap: Finally, we will have a one-on-one assessment with you regarding our services. In this meeting, we will also provide a thorough recap of all sales rendered, with hand-written receipts provided to you. All receipts, invoices, and payment will be hand delivered or mailed within 10 business days after completion of sale.
At Busy Beever we take pride in the incredible quality of service that we have long provided for our clients in east Kansas and west Missouri. But you don’t have to take our word for it — many clients have left glowing testimonials about their experiences working with us!
While estate sales are our bread and butter, we also provide auction services in the Kansas City, MO area for those who would rather take that route. We can help you decide which course of action is best for you. Do you want to work with a company who puts you first? We urge you to contact Busy Beever today!